Volunteer and Internship Opportunities Include:
- Provide Administrative Assistance
- Become Trained to Facilitate Community Education Workshops
- Medicare and Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP) Volunteer
- Assist Clinicians in the Field
- Assistive Technology Program Internship
- Social Work Internship
- Nursing Internship
- Volunteer Drivers
- Seasonal Yard Work
- Help with Seasonal Programs such as Holidays at Home
MMAP Volunteers (Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program)
Volunteers would assist Medicare Beneficiaries understand their options with Medicare and Medicaid. This help would include prescription drug coverage, medigap plans and Medicare advantage plans.
Volunteers would also help Medicare beneficiaries learn how to read Medicare statements, how to protect their Medicare number, how to prevent fraud and abuse.
Complete training is provided on Medicare and Medicaid to those who decide to volunteer.
If you have computer skills, are not afraid of the internet, enjoy talking with people and have a desire to help others understand their health benefits call Region 2 Area Agency on Aging at (800) 335-7881 to learn more about how to become a MMAP Volunteer.