How to Wear a KN95 Mask
- Wash your hands or sanitize if you can. Unfold the mask and flatten the metal nosepiece. Hold the mask under your chin with the nosepiece facing up.
- Place the straps over each of your ears. Pull the mask on your face with the nosepiece covering your nose.
- Adjust the nosepiece using fingers from both hands to mold it to the shape of your nose.
- Adjust fit as necessary. All parts of the mask should be flat against your face with no gaps. You shouldn’t feel air leaking out as you breath.
Other things to know+
- Do not wash or sanitize your KN95. With proper care, the mask should be reusable for an extended period of time (depending on use).
- Between uses, store your mask in a safe location where it can’t get wet.
- Facial hair can impact your KN95’s ability to tightly seal to your face, reducing your protection.
- Throw away and replace your KN95 when it becomes dirty, has stretched out, or has become damaged.
Symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19)
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19. Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.