This is an award-winning program. 97% of participants who have used the program would recommend A Matter of Balance to others.
Participants will learn how to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set realistic goals for increasing activity
- Reduce fall risks in their environment
- Increase balance with exercise
A Matter of Balance workshop includes eight two-hour sessions led by trained facilitators. Older adults that have turned down a change to go out with family and friends or have cut down on a favorite activity because they are afraid they might fall now have a program to address those fears. A Matter of Balance program emphasizes practical strategies to reduce this fear and increase activity levels.
- If you have a fear of falling or have fallen in the past
- if you restrict activities because you are concerned about falling
- if you are interested in improving flexibility and increasing your activity level
- if you are 60 or older, ambulatory and able to problem solve
This program could be just what you are looking for!
Here is what past participants are saying about Matter of Balance:
“I am already noticing a difference in my physical being. I plan to continue these exercises. Hopefully I’ll be jumping over the moon soon!”
“ I seem to be more aware of every situation for my safety. I now “stop, look and listen” to my surroundings.”
“I have Multiple Sclerosis and have fallen so many times that this class is just what I needed. The Matter of Balance class has been life changing for me.”